Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sites for Art

Today was a bit drizzly, but a great day to go out and check out the different types of art works in down town Meadville.

My first newspaper stand while making my walk to sites where art is shown in Meadville. The design of this newspaper stand has a radial design in the front.  

As I was walking into town, this sculpture caught my eye. I liked the straight edges of this sculpture and the different looks from each angle of the sculpture.  

This is a mural I found in town in Meadville.  

I would paint a long mural on this brick wall, if I head paint with me at the time. I would like to paint a story onto the wall. I think it would be interesting to walk and visually see a story unraveling as your walking to one place to another.

I found this to be a weird design on a newspaper stand compared to the other one I have seen. 

I personally do not like this design for a newspaper stand. I find it a disturbing image to look at.  



This reminded me Rome's Trevi Fountain.  I would like to see sculptures and a water falling from the curves on top.  

I loved the light reflecting on the water and the fluidity of it.  

The Meta Mash sign. 

I liked the alien graffiti and I also believe in aliens. Haha 

Quaker graffiti. This reminds me of Banksy because of the stencil look it gives off , which is similar to Banksy's graffiti. 

Another cool design on newspaper stand.

If I had this bench as a location to put up my art , I would sculpt a woman sitting while holding an umbrella over her head.  

Municipal Parking Garage in Meadville.

I was under this tree and looked at the parking lot and I had to get a picture of this work at this angle. The tree gave it a cool effect and the organic shapes the leaves had were similar to the wavy shapes on the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment