Thursday, December 6, 2012

Final Project



My Final project is to transform a box. I finally decided to use this box (below). It is pretty thin compared to other boxes I looked at, but I liked the big smooth surface.  


I painted the inside black because using black paint is something that had continuous use in my previous projects. 

I added silver colored rocks at the bottom, it is not hot glued onto the surface . It was just laid in this area. 

This is the beginning process of making a tree. This alone took me 2-3 hours to make. I first took a wire spool and used that to be the core of the tree that will help it stand.  Then I took a Styrofoam wrap and wrapped it around the spool. Then I took the hot glue gun and overlapped layers and layers of glue which created a tree-like texture, which is what I was aiming for.  

I added branches on the tree.  I used wire and followed it with hot glue.  The last step was to paint it with metallic brown acrylic paint. 


I made a female figure out of wire.  Her dress is made with un-threaded ribbon. Her hair is also made by the same ribbon.  
I loved the puffiness of the dress. She looks like a princess. She looks like she plays a higher role in society. This thought made me remember about the movie Tangled. 


I decided to braid the hair.

I created a background making it look like she came from a "sick", "gloomy" town.
The final result. I wished I had more time to make the pedestal look more incorporated by adding more wire or painting it black, but the time constraint is what held me back. 

I added more "houses" in the background to give it more perspective and made the road looked more curved and to give it that continuous look. 

Wire is connected to the sketches that was drawn to plan this transformation. 

I had her closer to the tree and embracing a "pebble".  She is resting under the tree. 

Painted the road a little silver so I can show the rocks being integrated a little more into the background.  
The title of this art work is The Healer.  I had a story plot planned as I was making this project.  I imagined that this female figure was a leader of her town and her town is under dark times.  She travels a long way to ask the Healer (the tree) to supply her with purity and cures.

No comments:

Post a Comment